Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Building the Power of Information and Increasing Its Possibilities for Social Engineering and Other Forms of Learning

Information/knowledge is often not something you directly see but you only indirectly see because it influences us in the way we behave. I was thinking of this when I was working with the person working on my roof and he pointed out that a leak in one place was caused by water coming from a completely different area (not directly above the leak) but from another place entirely. Information/knowledge is the unseen force in many actions/behaviors.

The information prompt/question will lead in so many different directions based on the person, the experience, etc. One way to build on this is to think in abbreviations and keywords. Let your mind do more of the work and increase the power/influence it can have and thus build its effectiveness.

We can build on the power of reading, for example, for by taking keywords from different articles and putting them together to form different meanings. Today I was looking at a number of articles in the Wall Street Journal and rather than focusing on whole articles, I looked for certain keywords that attracted my interest and then merged them with keywords from other articles that interested me. The words included: modernism; marginal costs; flexible, decentralized economy. With this fusion, I created a more dramatic, content-rich, information environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment